Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

Adele’s story in sepia tones

Today I’d like to tell you about one interesting discovery I’ve made recently. I do not belong to pop music lovers at all but I always try to follow news and trends from that - distant - side of the music world. Honestly speaking, I was agreeably surprised by the latest Adele’s music video that appeared a week ago or so. “Hello”, if I’m not mistaken? Surfing at nytimes.com (I always check out their Music section), I came across the review of this video work written by Joe Coscarelli. The author has brilliantly analyzed the clip and underlined its brightest sides. There are a lot of his statements I completely agree with.
Sepia tones, old house looking totally deserted, dusty furniture, old-school flip phones – all this elements create an unforgettable ambience of the video. They write a story for viewers, you know. And that sensitive face of the singer in close up, huh! Long and thin lashes, tears mixed with black mascara… My word, I adore such moments and details!

I’m not sure that I’ll watch this video story one more time (now I’m up to the eye in work on our new album) but still – it was a great sally to the pop land. Frankly speaking, it is very pleasant for me to note that modern pop-culture still has something to say and show.

No comments:

Post a Comment